• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

expectorant drugs to remove tar from lungs?

nevada

Greenlighter
how to help the lungs in the cleaning process after quitting smoking?
which drugs could be used?
i know thc could be an expectorant as well, but i was thinking about otc drugs, like guaifenesin(but... "It is not intended to treat chronic cough caused by smoking"..)

searchin over the internet seems useless. i wonder why, no one researched a drug for a such a common problem like this, living in a world polluted like ours(at least most of it)

bromhexine? acetylcysteine?

thx 4 answers, and sorry if my english is bad

it wont get the shit out of your lungs no, but it will get all the nasty ass shit/mucus that has accumulated in your chest. i smoked weed and cigs and often find myself coughing up blackish brown shit every morning..which is why im quitting. Permanent damage cant be revered but taking some mucinex sure wouldnt hurt

You have to give your body time to heal after you put all that shit into it. Try not taking anything or smoking anything. That will do you better than taking an expectorant or any other class of drug. Nothing will clean the tar out of your lungs except your body.

n-acetyl-cysteine is supposed to boost lung immunity and help move out phlegm. Guaifenesin is the only expectorant on the market in the US. Terpin hydrate and a bunch of others were ruled ineffective by the FDA decades ago. The time release version is called mucinex, I don't know if there is a generic time release yet. Making sure your getting plenty of water makes guaifenesin work better. Steam vaporizers can expedite getting stuff out also.

You may not take me seriously but strong black coffee & spicy foods can help you purge a few fluid ounces of scum off your chest in an hour!

Steam Rooms Work Too.

You may not take me seriously but strong black coffee & spicy foods can help you purge a few fluid ounces of scum off your chest in an hour!

I took you seriously + this works really well.
Thanks!

:)

might want to give Osha root a try. That and like someone said yoga would do you allot of good.

there was something in the news recently about eating citrus fruits and helping with asthma sufferers by opening the airways and reducing mucus build up, I will try and find the link, I do know some people use black cumin and turmeric and if it helps by reducing the amount of mucus it might help yourself. The are anti inflammatories and I think I remember reading somewhere the are expectorants as well. will see what I come across and send you the links.
the post by doppelganga196 said hot curries I can see how this would work as these normally contain those spices.

this does work imo better thsn mucinex, etc.
also have somebody slap you on your back, (not hard, y'know w/in reason), to loosen up the crap so you can clear it easier.
best of luck to you.
-izzy